The Celebrate Recovery® name is a registered trademark.
In a desire to protect the integrity of the broader ministry, Celebrate Recovery® requires that if you use the Celebrate Recovery® name that the DNA is an irreducible minimum of your program.
The DNA of Celebrate Recovery is non-negotiable because of two pertinent facts:
1. The DNA revolves around the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
2. The Bible and God's Word are at the very core of everything we do in Celebrate Recovery.
The DNA of Celebrate Recovery is all about pointing us back to the Beatitudes; Jesus' instructions on how to live a good, productive life. By following the DNA, groups will start safe and remain safe.
THE TRADEMARK STATEMENT - DNA OF CR
1. Jesus Christ is the one and only Higher Power. The program is a Christ-centered ministry.
2. The Bible* and Celebrate Recovery curriculum consisting of the Leader's Guide, four Participant Guides, and the Celebrate Recovery Journal are to be used exclusively. The Large Group lessons are taught from the Leader's Guide, keeping at least the acrostic and the Scriptures as the key points in the lessons. This is to keep consistency within groups, allowing teachers to be creative with the introduction and conclusion of each lesson.
Life's Healing Choices, Your First Step to Celebrate Recovery, and Celebrate Recovery Daily Devotional books are part of the approved curriculum. You will find these books may be used in many creative ways in your Large Group, Newcomers group, and Step Study groups.
Celebration Place is the approved Celebrate Recovery curriculum for kids. The Landing is the approved Celebrate Recovery curriculum for students (7th - 12th grade). The Landing is the only curriculum that ties directly with the Celebrate Recovery curriculum for adults.
*Use of the Celebrate Recovery Bible is strongly encouraged due to the fact that it is the only Bible that directly corresponds to the Celebrate Recovery curriculum. The Celebrate Recovery Bible has been designed to work with the resources developed and tested in the national and international ministry of Celebrate Recovery.
3. The ministry is 'group based'. All groups are gender specific and use the "Five Small Group Guidelines" and format.
4. There are NO online Celebrate Recovery groups. Face-to-face group meetings ONLY.
5. The Celebrate Recovery 'Five Small Group Guidelines' are implemented and followed every time.
6. We expect each group to be accountable to Christ, the local church, and the model of Celebrate Recovery established at Saddleback Church.
7. Celebrate Recovery is a ministry of the local church. Celebrate Recovery has not, and will not, attempt to dictate any doctrine or policy to a local church. It is the position of Celebrate Recovery that a local Celebrate Recovery ministry should follow the doctrine and policies of their local church, and continue to be thankful for their continued support.
A church or organization may decide to use the Celebrate Recovery® curriculum and mix it with other materials, or other programs, which is certainly up to their discretion. HOWEVER, they are prohibited from using the Celebrate Recovery® name.